Thursday, November 28, 2013

Reading Music

I've tended to avoid this throughout the course of my guitar playing, but I've always wanted to spend more time with it. As I've recently been giving reading music another go, I've realized that it reinforces any AP training I've done that day. Consider that it is just that much more time spent being aware of exactly which notes you are playing (at least if you read at a slow pace like myself - I'm sure people who read very quickly don't really even stop to think about exactly which note they are playing). I also have a suspicion that this was part of the reason Burge was able to develop AP so fast back in his high school days. Pianists in general seem to be more inclined towards reading than guitar players, and again I'm realizing that this is an advantage regarding AP training.

No comments:

Post a Comment